Sunday, June 26, 2011

Discontinued Hall of Fame: Revlon Shine Control Mattifying Foundation

It's been well over five years since Revlon discontinued this gem. My sister and I stockpiled it as if it were liquid gold, and we've never found a replacement. It had a thin, liquid texture that applied like a dream and didn't dry too quickly to blend. Once applied, it stayed put and controlled shine all day. Not to mention it was fragrance-free and ridiculously cheap (about $7). What was Revlon thinking!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm down to my last half a bottle of my stockpile and feel like crying! I've spent a fortune trying to find a foundation to replace this and have given up. There is just nothing else out there like it, including any of Revlon's new foundations.
I am having a nightmare time trying to colour-match my skin and to find a formula that is as light, natural, buildable, sun-protecting and fabulous at controlling oil as this one was. There's simply has been nothing else like it since. I don't know what on earth Revlon were thinking in discontinuing this! Big mistake. They could at least have tried to offer a replacement that was somewhat similar. It breaks my heart :(