Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Discontinued Hall of Fame: Maybelline Wet Shine

Before Maybelline's current lipstick/lipgloss hybrid (Color Sensational), there was Wet Shine. The lipsticks were sheer and glossy with a brilliant color selection. The nail colors were fun, youthful and funky. Both the lip and nail palettes had amped-up versions in the Wet Shine Diamonds line, and the seasonal colors were divine. Maybelline deserves a lashing for discontinuing this great collection.

I was especially fond of the lipstick shade Berry Wet, but as you can see from this picture of my remaining stockpile, I had other favorites as well.

Nail Colors from left: Burgundy Brocade, Golden Flamingo, Heirloom Red, Bubble Bath, Sparkling Champagne

Lipsticks from left: Loveshack, Brilliant Amethyst, Watermelon, Bee Stung, Berry Wet, Wine Shine, Strawberry Ice, Eternal Flame


3 comments:

stephanie gale said...

I like these too, and even have the Bubble Gum wet Shine myself! On to better ones, I hope, with less damaging chemicals perhaps?
stephanie-

Unknown said...

I am so bummed to hear these are discontinued. I have the Watermelon and was hoping to buy a couple new tubes because I use it every day and it's almost gone now. :(

Quimera said...

Could you recommend any lipstick, even from another brand, that is similar to maybelline wet shine? Something that is light, soft to apply, shiny, that feels like no makeup. That was the only one I used, I no longer wear makeup.