Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Best Cream Eyeliner


Last year I posted a review of cream and gel formula pot eyeliners and chose Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips as my top recommendation (link). However now that I've tried L'Oreal's new Infallible Lacquer Liner I'm officially changing my position. 

This product is truly stellar. So far I've used Bronze and Dark Slate (the other shades offered are Black, Espresso and Navy) and I have nothing but good things to say. They glide on smoothly and evenly. The colors are rich and solid with a satin finish (not quite a "lacquer" finish in my opinion, but not flat or dull either.) I've had no creasing or movement even on hot, humid days, and absolutely no flaking. Quite an improvement over L'Oreal's HiP cream liners which I found to be dry and flaky.

I own a lot of cream liners both high-end and drugstore and the quality of this product is, in my opinion, as good the best high-end one I own (a $25 YSL.) This is probably not a coincidence considering L'Oreal owns YSL cosmetics.

As for the brush—I found it to be serviceable, but I'll stick with my favorite brushes for cream liner application: 

For the upper lash line
I prefer the e.l.f. $1 Defining Eye Brush which I buy in bulk at Target.

Beyond that I recommend checking out Sephora's excellent private label collection to get the precise size and shape for your application preference.

For the lower lash line
Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush ($5.99 at Target)

EcoTools Eye Liner Brush ($3.99 at drugstore.com)

The price for this liner is $10.99 at CVS and $8.99 at Target.






1 comment:

RH said...

Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com