Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympian Mani: Going for the Gold with Minx Nails


I was in the mood for gold this weekend for obvious reasons. For a truly mirror-like metallic you can't do better than Minx.

This was my first experience with Minx nail polish strips. If you're not familiar with the brand, you can have them applied professionally at some salons (including Ulta), and you can also purchase the DIY packages for less, although there is a smaller shade selection if you choose the latter option.

As you can see the first shade (Technical Tribal) went on a bit cleaner than the second (Gold Moons). Admittedly my technique still needs work but I established two things: 1. In my experience patterned shades look better than solids because the slight wrinkles and bubbles are less visible. 2. Minx brand goes on a bit easier than the other brands I've worked with (Kiss and Sally Hansen). I only wish Ulta carried more shades!

Oh, and if you're planning to buy these at Ulta, try to avoid paying full price ($18). Coupons for Ulta are easy to come by—here's a Link to a printable coupon on their site.

Go USA!




No comments: